Treasury Operations Recommendation: Encourage non-U.S. customers to remit payment by electronic bank transfer using Flywire or credit card for non-tuition payments. If customers are unable to pay with Flywire or credit card, please contact Treasury Operations to obtain alternative bank transfer instructions.
The University of Iowa Treasury Operations has partnered with Flywire for a cost-effective method for international vendors or individuals to wire funds from their home country. Excellent exchange rates are offered allowing payment in local currency (in most cases) resulting in significant savings compared to traditional bank methods. The posting of payments to the University will be faster, there is the ability to track payments and notification will be provided to the sender when the University has received the funds.
Go to https://www.flywire.com/school/uigp/ to register and then follow the instructions to make a payment.
- To get started, select the country from which your funds will be coming from and the payment amount (in US dollars).
- In most cases, the US dollar amount will be converted into your home currency at preferential exchange rates, which will translate into savings for you.
- After providing some basic information, you will visit your bank (via phone, online or in person) to send funds from your local bank to Flywire.
- Flywire will then convert the funds to US Dollars and forward the US dollar amount to the University of Iowa.
- Through the Flywire dashboard you will be able to track where your payment is in the transfer process.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation when your payment is deposited into the University's bank account.
- No matter your time zone, you will have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available to you, reachable 24/7 via live chat, Skype, e-mail and phone to answer any of your questions. (https://www.flywire.com/help)
**See International Check Receipts for processing instructions for non-U.S. checks.